When I was taking "Common Sense" to work, hardly anyone noticed. Today I took "Arguing with Idiots", and I got all kinds of questions about it. Most people just wanted to know if I liked it, or if I "bought into" Glenn Beck.
One guy even made a point of coming back to the shop about an hour later to tell me that he's disappointed in Glenn. "He's LDS, and he violates all kinds of rules and regulations."
Maybe this is the wrong way to look at it, but my stance is sort of this :
I don't really listen to Glenn for his religious views. I listen because I agree on his politics. Yes, it IS nice to know that he's seeing the big picture, and has the same ideas on religion that I do.
But does that mean I agree with everything he does or says? No. Should I be the one to judge him for that? I don't really feel that's my place. Like I say, I use him for political views.
Would that guy's opinion have changed if he were, I don't know, Catholic?
Anyway. Still really enjoying this book. Jeff came to see me at work after school and read the first two chapters. He kept laughing and laughing. It's really a good read, and SO TRUE!
3 comments:
Usually people who complain at Glenn have no idea what they're talking about. Easiest thing to do is ask for a specific example of bad behavior. Chances are they wont have one or will just say something silly that could apply to any LDS person.
Funny, I usually have to deal with the trolls on my YouTube page that complain you can't believe Glenn because he's LDS. I'd love to talk to an LDS person who claims Glenn isn't LDS enough!
We're still waiting for our copy!!!!!!
Finally got our copy today. Apparently Amazon loves Dianna and hates me!!!
Glad that Jeff likes that book! I think we will enjoy reading it as well.
it occurred to me later that i should have asked what exactly bothered that guy. i was just sort of taken aback by it, usually i just get political remarks.
jeff is actually further than i am but that's just because i have to keep stopping to help customers.
you guys will really like this book! :)
Post a Comment