Sunday

Recipes!

These recipes are great because it's really easy to add or take away stuff if you feel it needs more/less of something.

Strawberry Banana Cheesecake

With a chocolate crust (but probably just as good with graham, or even shortbread), slice 5 - 6 strawberries to line the bottom. We did about 6 and thought it could use more.

In 1 tub of ready-made cheesecake filling (I don't know how to make it myself, so I just used the ready stuff), mix in more chunked strawberries and bananas to taste. The strawberries get very soft and delicious, but I don't think we put in enough banana. We used only 1 medium one.

Pour into crust and chill 30 minutes. Very easy, and I think I liked this one best.

Peanut Butter Cheesecake

This recipe made enough for two pies, so I suppose if you wanted to save half the cream cheese, you could make only one.

Beat together 8 oz of plain cream cheese with 1 1/2 cups of sugar. Add 1 cup milk, and then 1 cup peanut butter. We added another few heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter because Jeff really likes peanut butter.

Fold in 16 oz of cool whip. Right here we felt that was WAY too much cool whip, so I just put in about a fourth of that and saved the rest for the topping.

That was all the recipe called for, but you can do other little additions like crumbles on top, or drizzle chocolate over the top. Pretty tasty!

No comments: