Pretty soon we'll have to concern ourselves with egg laying. It's hard on a bird's body, and because she can't go find the food her body wants her to have, I have to make sure she's getting the right nutrition or she could die. I'm a little nervous.
It is so fun watching her personality coming out. For example, for some reason, she really hates this cat ball -
We don't know why. If you pick it up and hold it near her, she gets puffed up and bitey. So stuffing it with paper and treats is funny to watch. She chases and throws it all over.
Here she is on a trip to campus -
She seems to like riding in the car.
I've discovered how much she likes to share my food with me. . . we've had a lot of pasta lately and she LOVES noodles. She gobbles them down. She also likes to share biscuits, potatoes and gravy, and eggs.
Hopefully soon she'll be done with her molt and be a solid yellow instead of a stripey yellow.
5 comments:
That bird RAWKS! But can she wear a hat?
hmm! i should try that. i need a little war helmet or cowboy hat or something.
wow! she has gotten really big! i'm so excited to meet her!
Ooh...war helmet, that would be cool! I like that she likes noodles.
Does she chase the cats away?
She is very pretty. I like her eyes.
Love, Grammy
Post a Comment