Saturday

Happenings

This week Jeff and I were sick. Well, Jeff not so much, but I had some weird stomach thing so I didn't get in to work until today. Now it's the weekend. Oh well.

Jeff and I got our hairs cut. Jeff got all of the old blond off, which I thought looked pretty good, but then he wanted me to blond it because "it looks like poop if you don't".

Before






















After

I think it needs another application as it is very very yellow, but that stuff's not cheap.















Then I made pie

Easter pie. Yes, I realize it's almost halloween, but I wasn't sure orange jello in it would taste as good as the strawberry. And not nearly as tasty as B's pie, but still recognizable as pie (I think).



And today after work I went to get a blouse for the new skirt I bought last week (or the week before?) and at Walmart they had a bunch of summer clearance for $1. So I came home with some cute stuff.

As some of you may have noticed, I noted that my little bird Copernicus passed away this morning. The breeder, Eric, sent me an email to say that last night he noticed he wasn't looking too well, and moved him back into the brooder to warm up. He was feeding him Pedialyte to be sure he had enough fluid, and he just couldn't pull through. I'm pretty sad about it, because I really had my heart set on him. Eric is being just wonderful about it though, he offered to let me have his sister for free. He feels so bad that he got the chick so far along and it ended up getting sick for no apparent reason.

So in a few days (quarantine, to see if whatever it was is contagious) he'll let me know about the new bird. Still sad about Copernicus, but at least he was somewhere where there was someone well qualified to take care of him. He thinks he picked up E. Coli or something because he was pretty inquisitive.

Side note - why are all the animals I pick sick? :) Remember Keef . . .

4 comments:

MStevenson said...

I've never seen his hair not blonde.

Elicia said...

i think you both should go natural! :)
that pie looks good!
i'm glad the breeder was so willing to give you his sister, that is very nice of him. i'm glad copernicus is in a place where he can freely fly among the clouds, or something like that. i hope the sister will be okay. what are you going to name her?

Troy said...

Pets seem to be nothing but heartache sometimes!

CAF said...

I'm sorry about Copernicus, D. That really sucks.