Sunday

Happy Dad's Day, Dad!



I couldn't resist this picture, it was just too funny

The biggest thing that I think anyone will remember about dad is that he is a trickster. He likes to sneak up behind you when you're cautiously peering over a big ole cliff and grab you and make you think you're going to die. He likes to drive up really close to them too. And when you're a kid, he likes to tell you that Tootsie-Rolls are really dog poop.



(despite this, I really love Tootsie-Rolls still.)

One thing I always really liked about dad was that if one of us kids ever said anything mean about mom or was rude to her, we better hope we die right after we say it. I like that he taught us to respect mom.

Dad is fun (Side note : I keep wanting to use "was" instead of "is" when I write these, but it's just because I don't live at home any more) . . okay so "was" is the right thing here. Let me start again - Dad WAS fun because he was always home with us since mom worked out of the house. It was nice to have him around when we got home from school and I am glad that they worked it out so that we didn't come home to an empty house. Then we could sit on the bed and he would correct all the horrible stuff we were taught in school that day.

Here's dad in his natural element -




Some other memories I link to dad -

- Sneaking out of bed at night and hoping he wasn't around (1 - because we didn't want to get busted being out of bed, and 2 - we didn't want him scaring the pants off us in the dark)

- Jet Skiing!

- Long hikes and complaining about it being hot and how tired we were

- Him tying a rope on our door and then to the door across the hall - thus locking us inside

- Carmegeddon (really, all kinds of computer games. That reminds me, what's that game where you blow each other up with little gnome things and zombies and stuff?)

- All kinds of inventive ideas and the messy basement with all sorts of neat gizmos

- Coming home in high school and sitting for hours and complaining about the stupid teachers I had

- The joking/teasing/scaring of us as we grew up - did I mention that?

I am a bad child because I didn't send you a card, but I hope you know that what I write for mom is transferrable to you. And vice versa.

5 comments:

Ben said...

I scared one of Elicia's friends the other day. I learned it all from you, Dad. :P

Oh, and the game is Myth

D'N'J said...

that's it! i kept wanting to say myst but i know that wasn't right. i knew it was an M game

Elicia said...

Love you daddy! you are just that great!

Troy said...

Thanks kids :) You guys can blame everything on me from your child hood. I was probably responsible for it anyway.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Your Dad is thinking, missing card, humm, next year a big present to make up for it.