Friday

Dad, I have a problem and it's all your fault.

I love my soda. I like the bubbles, I like the sugary-ness, and it's just much more fun than drinking water. Don't get me wrong, I like a good swig of ice cold water sometimes, but most of the time, nothing hits the spot like a cold sodapop. This is all your fault, dad! :) Your soda-ey genes predispositioned me for this!

I forget if I ever mentioned, we noticed a few weeks ago that there were baby kittens living under the house next to ours. We notified our landlady and thought maybe someone should take care of them, but nothing ever happened. Well, now they are living under our house, thumping around and pooping everywhere, and it smells like cat! So we bought one of those humane traps for squirrels and baited it with some sour cream, just enough to get their attention.

We've caught two of them and we're keeping them in Ben's bathroom (yes, we still refer to things with Ben's possession on them) with some litter and water, and we give them some wet cat food and cat's milk now and then. There are three more of them out there.

Tomorrow is the Cache Humane Society's adoption day at Petsmart, so we're going to go have a talk with them about them taking these cats. Otherwise, we'll take them to the pound. They need better treatment than living under our dirty house.

We just have to make sure to keep our hands cleaned after we have any contact with anything they've touched, and we're trying to keep our cats out of there too. Vash has NO problem with that, and Keef was interested at first, but now he just hisses at them.

4 comments:

CAF said...

Aw. I still want cat. I think.

Me no like soda, me pick water.

robin said...

Is that Keef - or just an imitation of him?

Glad to hear you are not keeping all the kitties. We'd have to have you two taken away in a rubber truck.

Bobbie said...

Dianna and Jeff, wouldn't that be funny if you put out the trap and in the night caught a raccoon or a skunk!

I love that you are helping the little kitties out of that sad environment and into a better situation.

GOOD JOB.

Troy said...

Soda is eeeeevil. Er, what I meant to say is that soda is my eeeeeeeeeevil master.

Actually I do much better than I have in the past. Last kidney stone I had was just after you guys were married. Not bad.