We got ready to go about noon, and drove the twoish hours to Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. It was raining really hard as we drove past SLC, had to slow down to 40. I've never seen it rain so hard.
We went to the Natural History Museum at Thanksgiving Point, we've been there two or three times before because it's fun and we both like that kind of stuff.
This is the saddest exhibit - poor baby stegosaurus!
Then we had some lunch, and went over to the Electric Park and got in line for the concert. It was just before 4 and the concert was supposed to start at 5, but we didn't start going inside until almost 7. They came and told us a few times no cameras, so I had Jeff take my purse back to the car. So now I don't have any pictures from the concert, but everyone else got in with their cameras. That's the last time I follow the rules.
They had some band called Tegan and Sara open for them, they were so-so. Then we were supposed to hear this other band I've never heard of called Rogue Wave, but they didn't get to play because they started so late. Death Cab came on next and I had a good time hearing them play.
We got smashed and jabbed and pushed around and crammed in, which was really good in the end because it kept us all very warm. Death Cab played quite a few songs from their new album, but a lot of good old ones that I knew too. So we got to dance around and enjoy ourselves.
They even played us a 3-song encore. Then we hurried back to the car and drove home in what was luckily much better weather.
8 comments:
sweet! i'm glad you had a good time!!
At least there were no tornados!!!
Sounds like you had fun!
Who's cutie and why does she want a death cab?
;)
that's just what we were wondering :)
Sounds so fun! Kind of jealous...love Death Cab. I want to go to that Dino exhibit really bad! Is it pricey?
it was something like 10 bucks for each of us. . and it's a pretty good sized exhibit so I think it's pretty good for the money. it's a little more if you go to see one of their movies, we went to see a 3D shark one once, just for fun.
it just occurred to me, does anyone see it when i reply in my own post? :)
Sounds fun. And the museum sounds fun too, I love stuff like that.
Hi D. Yes, I do, I read your comments too. Its fun. Its an on going conversation I can get in on. :-)
I have no idea what DC's music sounds like, but if I heard it, I may know it. I am the only person that is more clueless than your Dad. LOL
D only you would feel sorry for a bunch of bones, you are so cute! (Well, maybe Carrie would, only she would look at the bones and say, "Oh, its soooo cute".)
Post a Comment