Thursday

2nd day

I just wanted to do another quick entry... Today was interesting. I guess there was some miscommunication and I haven't been learning what I was supposed to - but that's okay, I'll try to catch up.

I got some cushiony pads for my sneakers last night and they help a LOT. My heels were killing me last night but after today I hardly feel a thing. I'm going to see if I can find myself one of those back supports for bad days, but I try to make sure that I take a few minutes to stretch myself out in the morning and between jobs.

Today I did three orders. Most of the time I spent sitting around waiting for the machine to be fixed or for the next job to start. My trainer didn't like that very much. But what can you do? If there's no job, there's no job. But I was doing pretty good getting the envelopes, tapping them straight, and fanning through them to check their numbers.

Then she moved me to another machine where they were shooting out of a spot where they weren't supposed to be. SIGH! Those machines sure are tricky. My head kind of hurts from the noise. But I figure the noise is a lot smaller in comparison to the noise of someone yelling RIGHT in your ear all day. This is a lot better.

Now I am going to get me some dinner and work on some homework.

PS - dad, were you trying to lift a car?!
and mom - no pills, but i did switch my cereal to total raisin bran for every breakfast. that's at least got %100 iron.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like quite the job! I like how you're glad it's not like someone yelling right in your ear...that makes me laugh. Personal experience?

Troy said...

I hear that "Crocks" are really comfortable shoes - If you can get past how ugly they are.

Well, I wasn't exactly trying to lift the car, but I might as well have been. I was removing the nut from the wheel hub. I tried standing on the wrench and when that didn't work I just tried to pull up on it. Big mistake. I had to use a 5 foot pipe on the end of the wrench to undo the nut. Should have done that in the first place.

Wal-Mart has back braces!

Elicia said...

i'm so glad you are enjoying your job to about as much as you can! mom is thinking i'm having the same problem. she's going to have me start taking those really big vitamin pills once she finds them. they are going to be hard to swallow!