Wednesday

So TIRED

I am too exhausted to go looking for some sort of picture to entice you to read this, so I'm sorry, all text tonight.

I am beat! Yesterday, which was actually Monday, Jeff and I stupidly slept in until 7 pm when we've been getting up at 5 or so. Then after a few hours awake, I went back to sleep until 12 and was up until about 7 on Tuesday morning (relating our days to you guys is really hard! Our days span two actual days).

My best friend Tabitha was coming into town on Tuesday morning to go shopping with me. We needed to find a purple shirt for her wedding. I'm wearing purple. :) We went all over in the mall, mind you it was 12 pm which to me is like 11 pm for you guys so I was just tired. We found some fun stuff and it was nice to hang out with a girlfriend for a while. Not that I don't love my Jeff :)

Then I got home about 1:30 pm and had to get up at 3 for work. I got about an hour and woke up feeling just terrible. We went on over to RR Donnelly and I spent the whole time excusing myself off to the bathroom. I don't do so well with butterflies in my stomach and not having the sleep I needed. I probably didn't need to go into the bathroom so much, I was just really nervous I'd throw up on the new employers shoes or something.

The job is going to be great, I think. It's in a print shop, they do printing jobs for things like Verizon Wireless billing, medical bills, that sort of thing. So we aren't allowed to have our phone or anything electronic in the building, and practically every door has to be unlocked with your key card.

We stand on the end of the Inserter machine, which is the last step in the process. The "operator" of the machine starts it up and us "assistants" gather up the pieces as they are shot down the line into envelopes and matched up with advertisements. Like the ones you get in your cell phone bill about buy one get one free and such. I even learned what all the numbers above the barcodes on the mailers mean.

The hardest part about the job is that we have to stand constantly. I'm much like dad, MY BACK HURTS! :) But it's incredibly easy, we spend a lot of time just standing around. You pick up a handful of the finished product, tap them all even, and flip through them to see that they are all uniform and have been coded. Then you throw them in a bin, load the bins on a pallet, and drop them off down the hall. Easy. Just so much standing!

For future reference, our schedules will be Saturday night, 11 pm to 11 am on Sunday; Sunday night, 11 pm to 11 am Monday; and Monday night 11 pm to 11 am on Tuesday. Then we have the rest of the days off. For the next two weeks though, we're working a swing.

My back! Time for a hot bath.

5 comments:

robin said...

I hope you get to feeling better. You dad's back is STILL hurting. Poor guy. By the way - are you taking your vitamins? Either that or eat liver and broccoli! You may be anemic. Get those vitamins! (getting down off my mommy soapbox now!) Love you!

Barb said...

Wow - I can't even start to comprehend your schedules...thinking about it makes me tired. Sounds like a pretty good job though! You two are lucky you can work together. =)

Elicia said...

oh poor dianna!
love you both so much!

Troy said...

Get some good comfortable shoes. Stretch and touch your toes without bending your knees. That will help keep your back from killing you.

Plus, never, never try to lift a car.

MStevenson said...

Yah thats nice you can work together.