Sunday

Baby Animal Days

I have seen advertising for baby animal days every year but never went because A) I'd feel weird without a kid, and B) I imagined it was really super busy. This year's baby animal days was snowed on, so they extended it two more weekends. We went on the last day they were holding it, hoping by then the crowds would have diminished. It wasn't too busy. Jace is still a little young but liked looking at the animals. I had a super fun time!


Jace was a little wary of the crowd at first.


The cows mooing was very interesting.


Farm animals sure are smelly.


These goats make me laugh.


The bunnies were for sale. Torture!


Jace kept looking at me and giving me these cute smiles.


These turtles were adoptable only for "education and scientific study" or I'd probably have gotten one!


There was a really cool white peacock. They kept flying up into the treetops. I never realized they could get that high.


I got to hold baby chicks (4 days old and so tired they nearly fell over when you set them down) and baby ducks and we looked at cool old buildings and wooden toys. There were going to be gunfighters and a "candy cannon", but Jace was falling asleep by the end of it all so we decided to take him home.

We were going to drop him off with Auntie Carrie for a couple hours and go to lunch, but Carrie might be coming down with something so we just took him along. Tried out the new Chuck-a-rama. Still super busy and expensive, but it was a fun treat. Everyone said Jace was so cute and had the "rosiest cheeks ever". They are rosy, but for different reasons! Daddy let him try some of his mashed potato and I gave him little bits of apple sauce. Every time the spoon came toward him he was grabbing at it to get it closer faster.

I had a really great Saturday!

1 comment:

robin said...

Great pics! So cute!