For one thing, I can now do this :
Doesn't seem like a big deal, but up until now I haven't seen the underside of my arm.
I can now lift things as heavy as a can of Chef Boyardee without needing to support it with my other arm. I even did a little shoveling yesterday - okay, so I was really slow and only scooped up half the snow a normal person would, but the point is I could even lift it at all.
There are still directions my arm doesn't go. For instance, buttoning my jeans is a hassle. It's a different combo of pulling on my muscles I guess. My arm doesn't bend up very well either, like it would if you were showing off your awesome biceps. This makes it hard to eat or put on deodorant. I'm not really supposed to have it out of the splint, so I shouldn't really be doing those things anyway.
Grip is coming along. I tested to see if I could go back to playing our Mario Wii yesterday and I'm pleased to say I can push the buttons on the Wiimote.
How I long for the day that I can put a hair tie in my own hair and fully wash my arm/hand. It's pretty gross what happens when you can't clean skin.
5 comments:
So glad you're starting to heal! And...yikes about the skin cleaning thing. Make Jeff do it! =)
Put the arm back in the splint! At least until it's supposed to be out. You don't want to re-injure it do you?!?!?
Glad it's getting better!!!
i thought for a second there you said you couldn't eat your deoderant! :)
But i'm glad you are healing!! keep it up!
Try to be patient - these things take time! Love you!
Okay, now I feel really bad I haven't been over with any more food. I suck.
Post a Comment