I decided to watch Star Wars the last couple days because I usually put them on to doze off to, and don't get to actually WATCH them much. The more I watched, the more I wondered if George Lucas was (in the 70's) foreseeing the future, or if that's just the formula. Charismatic man gets into power, starts taking over the democracy of everything, devotes an entire army to himself, promises things and doesn't deliver, and the people keep right on cheering . . .
Hmm.
Not saying everything in the country is Obama's fault, not by a long shot. But it is a little unnerving, anyway, the way the country seems to be following it.

ITEM 2
I've been trusting most of my news reading to foxnews.com lately (Glenn just speaks so highly of them) and tonight I happened upon another crazy PETA stunt. Okay - I agree with their most basic, basic, CORE belief - humane treatment for animals. HOWEVER, I believe animals were put here for our use. I don't think you should go out eating steak every chance you get, and having steak salad on the side with steak cheesecake, obviously that can't be great for your health. I really wish they'd stop being so . . . INSANE! Can't they get their point across without alienating everyone? Jeff and I are wondering how the feminists who also agree with PETA are feeling in their continued sexual objectification of women in their ads. Did anyone go check out the banned "Vegetable Love" super bowl commercial they put out? Yeah, it was really really offensive to me, as a human being.
Jeff and I concur, the most humane thing for any of us to do at this point, is eat the PETA supporters. They should willingly sacrifice themselves as a food supply so the rest of us don't have to harm the poor animals, and heaven forbid we chomp the head off a poor defenseless carrot (sound nuts? No more nuts than PETA!).
To quote a scene from Futurama :
Leela - "Animals eat other animals, it's nature."
MEAT member - "No it isn't. We taught a lion to eat tofu."
Lion - *cough*
MEAT member - "The point is, you shouldn't eat things that can feel pain."
Bender - (throws brick on MEAT guy) "Okay, we won't eat you!"

ITEM 3
Jeff has been thinking up a list of literature/movies and the like that will be banned in the future under the new "regime". Included are :
Animal Farm
V for Vendetta
The Screwtape Letters
1984
The Giver
The Fountainhead
We're still thinking of others. Can't have too many free thinkers if you plan to take over the world!
ITEM 4
Things that Jeff and I would DEFINITELY own, if they would just produce them.


3 comments:
You guys need all of those Star Wars things...perfect for you! =)
That poor, poor lion.
WOW! This whole big - long post and only two comments. Our family is a little boring right now!
Post a Comment