Monday

Jobs, Frying Things, and Birds

Jobs
Today Jeff and I had an interview (or two, I guess) at Wendy's. I wouldn't mind doing something like that until I could find other/more work. If I don't get a job like that, it's off to Western Wats, and I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY DO NOT want to do that job. I worked there once, for 2 hours, then I ran away. It's just too hard on me to be screamed at on the phone for hours a day.

I liked working food service when I was at Hogi Yogi (and to be honest, if it hadn't shut down I'd probably still be working there) so I'm confident I could settle into a job like Wendy's for a while. At least it would be money while I keep looking. They said they have to talk to the general manager first for a second interview.

Frying Things

Tabitha sent Jeff and I a gift card to Macy's for Christmas, and after looking over their site, we decided to buy a Fry Daddy. It came today and after our interviews we went to Macey's for some cooking oil and supplies.

Kitchen set up for frying :













We made up a milk batter and fried some cut up string cheese (actually really good with some marinara) :






We called them cheese aliens because you get such weird shapes.

We also fried up some fish sticks for dinner:
















Along with some french fries:





Very tasty! So much crunchier. I think next time I'll try cutting up hot dogs and making mini corndogs with some corn bread batter. Now I need to get mom's delicious lemon chicken recipe!

Birds
Kath is still doing fine. She really likes Jeff, or at least his keyboard. When I open her cage she flies over to his keyboard and tries to gnaw off the keys. If her door is shut, she'll scream to have it opened. Then she just sits inside the cage, completely content. Weirdo.

Here's a picture of her that I thought was funny.

8 comments:

Barb said...

ooh...a fry daddy! Sounds fun. And looks yummy! You should try fried twinkies - even though I think they sound disgusting, I know a lot of people who like them!

Troy said...

Yay for interviews! Even at Wendy's! I have a friend who works at a Wendy's, you wanna me ask for interview tips?

That's a cute little bird.

Elicia said...

i'm glad you two had interviews! that's great! i think it would be a fun job to work at fast food! those alien things sound really good! you should try to deep fry a snickers! just make a sweet batter (a regular batter with a little sugar) and dip it right in. you could do milky ways, musketeers, anything! Kath is such a funny bird!

MStevenson said...

Mmmmm..fried foods. We love our fryer.

Good job on the interviews. Better to have something than nothing, plus like you said you could keep looking in the mean time.

And you'll have to let me know which wendy's so I can come in for my family deal! A little extra fry sauce under the table? Oh, Wendy's I love your chicken nuggets and honey mustard sauce.

Hey is it at the one location where they are remodeling? I bet it will look nice in there when its done.

D'N'J said...

dad - sure!

e - i had no idea you could fry candy bars. i'll have to take everyone's suggestions into consideration. jeff wants to deep fry a taco.

mel - nope, it's the south one. I want to go see the remodel on the other one. the last time we drove by there they had someone dressed in a frosty suit dancing on the roof.

i'm in it for the chicken nuggets and the delicious frosties.

Bobbie said...

YOU ARE ALL GOING TO GET FAT AND ..... that comes from .... a friend of mine that said so... yeah, thats it, ... a friend of mine.

Troy said...

I sent an email!

Troy said...

Happy day late B-Day Jeff! We were thinking about you!

Dianna, if you like Glenn Beck I can hook you up!