Wednesday

Anniversary Happenings

Jeff and I made reservations to stay at the Anniversary Inn again this year - back in October, I think. So even though we don't have jobs we still got to have some fun!

As always, it was a great stay. We didn't have our cheesecake when we got in the room but they hurried some over. There was tasty apple cider waiting for us. I really loved the layout of the room. We stayed in Lake Powell this year. I think we'll probably make a tradition of staying there as long as we're in the area, or at least until we have tons of money and tons of time :)

We stayed up until 6 am watching the TV, watching a movie (Martian Child, and we had the movie snack pack again), playing games and goofing off. Around 3 am we got hungry so we went to Macey's to get some snacks. We got to the Tabernacle and decided we would be safer if we pulled over for a second to let the car defrost more. I said "It'd be funny if a cop pulled up just now to see what's going on" and not a minute later a cop did! Ha. I thought we were going to get in trouble.

Anyway, we went to bed at 6 and slept until breakfast came at 10 (which was delicious) and went back to sleep until 1 when we got up to check out. I ordered late check out at 2 as a surprise but we found out you get $25 off when it's your anniversary and that's how much the extra 2 hours cost!

(Can embiggen)

When you first walk in, the bathroom on the right.









Right in front of you but down a level, the jacuzzi and sitting area.















Better view of the sitting area.












Stairs to the left of the entrance, just next to the sitting room stairs.















Bed in the upper loft, with spiffy huge TV across the way.








Aaaand a video of the place. The upper loft had a backlit ceiling of sparkly lights that I really enjoyed, but I'm just silly like that. That was pretty much impossible to get pictures of though.



PS TO MOM - Keith Gardner said to tell you hi and said you're really great! :) He's a nice man.

4 comments:

Troy said...

Glad that you had a good time! The room looks like a fun place to stay :)

Barb said...

So fun! That room looks great.

Elicia said...

wow! i'm glad you were still able to go!

MStevenson said...

I remember taking a tour of all the rooms with sister in law Heidi back in the day when she was getting married. I saw that room and thought it was weird that you could look down into the shower and that it was right next to the eating area.

Looks like it was fun! Gotta love the big tv.