I don't want to rehash this topic really, but it is the best example for my thoughts at the moment.
The other day Jeff asked me if I thought homosexuals were pushing for their rights because they had a secret agenda to get people to allow polygamy or polyamory, and the like (there was a little blurb about a homosexual conspiracy theory in his sociology book, and it mentioned this idea).
I thought about it for a minute, and said "No, I don't think that's their exact goal. But that is definitely where I see this headed. We start letting things that should not be okay become acceptable, and we're going down a path that will allow all kinds of bad things to happen."
The reason I bring this up is that I've been thinking a lot lately about how little things can start to seep into your life and can seem fine at first, but slowly you start to lose yourself in things that you shouldn't be involved in. We need to stay vigilant and make sure we keep ourselves in line with what is right.
If we become too permissive we're going to find ourselves in a world of hurt. It saddens me a great deal to see humanity beginning to take paths that I know are just not going to lead us to anything good.
The other thing I wanted to bring up in relation to homosexual rights is that I hear a lot about how the awful heterosexuals want to take away their happiness. I have a hard time with that, because to me, it's about doing what is right, and that is not always what makes you happiest. There are all kinds of things that would make me happier to do, but only in the short term, so I choose not to do them.
Anyway, sorry to be preachy. I really just wanted to say, remember that you'll be happier in the long run if you are keeping your life where it should be. I know.
P.S. - Dad, YES, I went to church. :P
4 comments:
yay!! you went to church!! and i agree, i don't think it is their schedual to make the rest of us miserable, but it is someone's schedual, namely satan, that would rather us be just like him! thanks for the note sis!! it really gets you thinking!
Thanks for going to church :) Keep it up!
I think it's important too, to remember that we all have things that we fight against in our personal lives.
We all have tendencies to do things that are wrong or against what God would have us do. When we follow after Christ we all have to put those things aside and choose to do what He would have us do instead of what our natural tendency would be.
"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."
I know that I struggle daily with keeping the "natural man" away. Let your guard down and before you know it you've slipped right back and he's in control. I believe it's a life long struggle to choose to follow God, and a choice we all need to make for ourselves.
We shouldn't look at those who struggle with same sex attraction any differently than we would look at anyone else. I can't think of a harder trial to be given in life. Compassion and love should be our first reaction, never rejection.
I hope it didn't come off to antisamesex. it was just a good lead-in for what I was thinking, that's all :)
I think one of the hardest things for all of us is after letting the natural man in a little & slipping up - we think we're too far gone & that no one else understands. We see others as so good & perfect & think we can't ever get back to where we were. Those thoughts are directly from Satan - we are all here on this earth because we are not perfect & have things to work on! Thank heavens for the atonement! Satan sure is sneaky...
Post a Comment