Friday

Another Unsolicited Opinion

For yesterday - Yes, it is good that God is so forgiving, really it is. I'd have lost my patience with all the crap humanity is now trying to pass off as acceptable long ago.

And for today - The more I hear about the issues in the world and the more I learn from Jeff's sociology classes, the more am I thoroughly convinced that things go back to family. If people would take care of their families as they are supposed to, there wouldn't be nearly as much "crap".

I believed it before, but it's just gotten stronger :)

7 comments:

Elicia said...

i agree! families are the things that either keep the people together, or tear us apart! i'm glad i have a great family!

Barb said...

Amen. Family is really the core unit of society - if it falls apart, society falls apart - if it's strong, society becomes stronger. Umm...gonna sound lame here...I wish I was taking sociology! =)

D'N'J said...

I wish I could get credit just by listening to his lectures and (sort of) reading the book! :) Too bad I have to enroll to get credits.

CAF said...

Traditional families only?

Elicia said...

well i think if you were strong parents and in the child's (or childrens) life, then they can be a strong family, even if the parents are divorced or something.

Troy said...

The traditional family, - Mother, Father, Children - I'd even include extended family - Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles & Cousins are the foundation of civilization. When the family breaks down so does civilization.

Every child deserves to have both a mother and a father throughout their lives.

D'N'J said...

Agreed. And from Jeff's current texts, I'm finding that kids who don't have a strong male and female presence that each teach them their role in society as they grow, they don't end up as productive as they might be.

Granted, some kids do just fine with a good mom or dad, but it's really best if they grow up with a masculine and feminine presence.