Sunday

Happy Mother's day, mom!



I just wanted to make a little blog dedicated to my mommy.

Mom doesn't really like mother's day but it's still a good chance to let her know that I love her. Mom has always been a really great mom, and as I get older I recognize more and more the sacrifices that she (and dad) made for us.

Mom is really cool too. One time she left us a note telling us to watch the TV for school closures, but if we weren't sure if they had closed, to just take the day off anyway. That was back in Oregon where a half an inch of snow closed everything down.

I'll always remember mom as a friend to us. She always tried to understand where we were coming from and also lead us to where we needed to go.

What I always remember about living at home is mom playing piano. I don't know if she does much of that any more, but I sure loved to hear her playing piano when I was a kid. I like to listen to Enya songs, and I really like some of Jim Brickman's music because it reminds me of hearing her play. She used to play this song about cats, I think, over and over again from memory because me and Elicia loved it.



Another thing I love about my mom is that she has a big bright laugh. I always thought it was fun to hear her laughing along with the family, when they were playing card games at my grandmothers or when she was playing shooting games with my dad and uncle. I think she usually gets sick from those games, and that must be where I get it too!

The best part of having mom around during school was she was great at math! I hate math, and that's probably never going to change. I used to cry and cry about doing math and she would help me out with it. I'm just lucky that Jeff is really good at it too, so now he can help me with math homework.

Mom, I sure love you and I wish you and dad lived closer so we could come over and eat your food! Hee hee. Just kidding. We'd probably still do that. But it would just be nice if you guys lived here so we could see you a lot more. I hope you have (had) a good day.

(ps - sorry if some of the wording is kind of funny. i'm looking back on living at home, so it's not meant to sound like a eulogy. :)

3 comments:

Troy said...

Thanks Dianna :) I saw this and took the computer in so mom could read it before she fell asleep. It made her smile a lot!

robin said...

I thought it was wonderful. Thanks a bunch, sweeties! Love you!

Barb said...

So cute! I love your mom too.