I spoke to UHEAA, they didn't have record of me being in school in the spring.
So I went to talk to the registrar about it, I said "UHEAA has no record of me being in school", and she sent me down to financial aid.
Financial aid told me that the loan they offered me (and I used) was cancelled because I wasn't going to school at least part time. Great, so you offered it and let me take it even though I wasn't going for enough credits and didn't bother to tell me I owed money until April. They referred me to the registrar. At that point, I just went home.
I don't have $400 to throw at them for that bill and until I do I can't register for fall or get financial aid. So I'm quitting school for now. If sometime in the future I have enough money to pay everything off and get back on the FAFSA, then I'll try to take more classes.
Right now I'm going to be focusing on getting Jeff done, he's decided to switch from FCHD to Sociology. Hopefully that will work out, he can graduate in a couple years and we can finally get out of here.
6 comments:
I'm sorry you guys are having such trouble.
I'd love to do the dad thing and lecture you, but I'll hold off. I think you can guess what I'd say.
:) you should do a post pretending to be me and do the lecture for me! :)
I'm not any more happy about not going than you and mom would be, but for now I can't do much about it. Hopefully I'll be in a better position next year, it's just really discouraging to wait another whole year. I'll probably graduate when I'm 50.
i'm sure everything will work out! maybe your just not meant to go to school right now, and have another "mission" to do at home! But i do hope that jeff will be able to have more luck with his classes! go jeff!
I'm very sorry, sweetie. Wish I was closer so I could come over and talk, or whatever. Life can be very hard and frustrating sometimes.
Mom
I hated all the red tape & how each dept passes the buck to another...I know it'll all work out. & it is worth all the trouble - I promise!
That does suck. I hope you can get everything worked out.
Post a Comment