I just wanted to post a quick little entry and say that I really hate medication/insurance/copays/deductibles.
I just found out that Jeff and I aren't getting our medicine cheaper because we take brand name pills, and I thought our insurance covered that and it doesn't.
I've been looking into some way to get coverage so we don't have to pay the $176 a month for Jeff's meds and $50 on top for mine, but everyone wants us to meet something like a $500 - $3,000 deductible, and when you do the math, it is cheaper for us to pay out of pocket for these pills.
It may be cheaper, but that doesn't mean it is affordable.
SIIIGH.
edit - trying to see if jeff can get assistance for his meds from the manufacturer of the medicine, but he has to have been denied coverage by medicaid to qualify. - - any advice? ..parents... you guys know stuff about this! :)
5 comments:
Are there any generic brands for the same medicine?
going to ask the doctor that as soon as we can.
I don't know anything. Just as mom.
You think you are covered because you have insurance but they trick you with high deductables and picking and choosing what they will cover. I am on Gary's insurance but the maternity has a $5,000 deductable before they will pay a cent. What is the point of having insurance if they don't cover anything!?! I understand your frustration.
Hey, what is your email dianna? i want to email you!!
Post a Comment