Wednesday

Owwie.

Today I dropped a box cutter on my big toe. I was working on our bathroom, and I dropped it. Tried to get out of the way, but it sliced up my toe. I should have been wearing shoes, I know, but I didn't think I'd be using the blade for more than a minute. I started screaming because I am not good with blood at all and it bled quite a good little bit. Jeff ran and got me some tissue and I held it tightly while he fished out the first aid.

We put gauze over it and taped it up, and I put it up on a pillow with a cold compress and towel, kept it up for about an hour and then we uncovered it to clean it and wrap it better. It looks really bad, but Jeff says it isn't bad enough to warrant the ER or anything like that. I figure he's probably right, as I am just really wimpy about cuts. Then we cleaned it with some warm water, covered it in ointment, and then put some "New Skin" on it, which stung really stinkin' bad, and then a little more ointment so it wouldn't stick to the gauze, then wrapped it up really nice.

I'm laying down and trying to keep it up and pressure on just the one side, thinkin' I'll have a look at it a little later tomorrow when it's had time to knit and see if it needs some medical attention. I took some aspirin and it isn't hurting any more. Walking is difficult, which could prove problematic come Friday when I have to be on my feet for 12 hour shifts... I don't know. I hope it will heal up a little more before then.

Now I am going to Wal-Mart for more gauze and tape, and I am wearing my purple fuzzy slippers because shoes hurt my foot.

THE END.

7 comments:

Barb said...

That's a really sad story! Sounds like Jeff is a great match for a girl who can't handle blood. Such a good husband to take care of you. =) p.s. I saw the whole thing in my spy binoculars...haha. Freaked out yet?

CAF said...

OOOOOwwwwww! yeek.

Troy said...

Ouch! That sucks! Is it large enough to need stitches?

Dad always told you to put your shoes on!!!!

Maybe you won't be able to go to work and you'll have to hang out with the parents . . . .

Elicia said...

oww! that's no fun! i hope it feels better in shoes by the time you get to work on friday!!

Troy said...

Is the toe still with us? Is it green?

D'N'J said...

i wanted to unwrap it and have a look last night but it is stuck to the gauze. I really didn't want to go ripping it all open again. guess i'll see if i can have a look at it today. im not sure what to do with it.

Barb said...

Any better? I hope it doesn't get infected - foot problems are the worst! Hey, did you get my text? I'm texting you more info in the next few minutes...Love!