Not a lot of anything going on at the ol' Tomlinson household. Just cats, fur, dishes, homework, movies.
Jeff has a class on campus this semester, about family finances. The stupid tiny book we bought for the class cost us $50 ($130 new) and the teacher doesn't want to use it much. Good news is that he still has to read the chapters for the quizzes or else I'd be really mad. He is the only guy in the class of 37.
Work is really stupid, they keep telling us there's no work and not to come in. It's really making us suffer financially so we're trying really hard to make sure they let us stay even if there isn't any work (on some days going home is an option, others they make us).
Jeff's parents' have a family friend who is a stewardess on ... British? Not sure. But she's got some passes that she can't use so she gave them to Jeff's family and they want us to fly home to Seattle for a while. I'm really excited because we haven't been back in a really long time and it's nearly impossible on our own to fly because of the cost. We're not sure yet when so I'm just holding on to the idea to keep me from going insane at work. We'll also have to find something to do with the cats. The hamster has a really big feeding dish and a bottle that holds a ton of water, so he'd be fine for the three or so days we'd be gone, and the parakeet is currently feeding himself from a large jar of bird food, so as long as he has plenty of water, he'll be fine. The cats are another story. Maybe we'll have to kennel them.
Uh, other than that, pretty normal.
4 comments:
I'm sorry that work is sucky!
I think it would be great for you guys to go back to Seattle to visit for a while. I hope you can find a open time to do it!
Good luck with school, you two! Keep it up - you will get thru eventually!
Love you!
That sucks about work. Is there another department you can transfer to? If they cant guarantee you work you might want to start casually looking for employment elsewhere.
Cats? Just let them run wild when you go. They can eat snow for water and I bet there's a ton of field mice to eat in your neighborhood.
Just think how glad they'd be to see you when you get back!
That does stink about work. So frustrating when you can't get guaranteed hours/money. Hope it picks up! But meanwhile...trip to Seattle!? Totally fun!
:)....I'll send you an email....good luck with work and the fur, and cats , and the dishes...I hate dishes.
too bad you live so far away, we can never see you. ;)
Post a Comment