Tuesday

Lotsa pics

Okay, so, well done to those who guessed it's a boy. The picture is of Tatooine which is where Luke is taken as a baby.

At least, the tech said he was about 99% sure it's a boy. The umbilical cord was laying very nicely over the area when we tried to look, but at the very end the tech got a shot of some parts that didn't have blood pumping through, so he was pretty sure it's a boy!

Of course it is.

Anyway, we checked out the other parts... heart appears to have four chambers, that's good, we watched that pumping away, heartbeat sat at 135 still.. stomach looked like it was being used, also good.. all limbs seem to be there.. the brain looked like it was developing properly and the baby didn't have a cleft palate.

It was kind of fun to feel little kicks and see on the monitor that's what actually happened. The tech said I have a posterior placenta, which is in the back, so the exit is open and I can feel kicks easier than if it were in the front.

He was measuring a little behind where I thought I was, but apparently unless you're at least 2 weeks behind it doesn't mean much. Being behind could mean a Halloween baby for Jeff.. but it could mean nothing at all.

We have a name that we're pretty much sold on using, but I don't really feel like sharing it. I guess I like it being something just Jeff and I know. Although, Jeff's told a couple people. Hopefully they've forgotten. :)

Pictures! Most are pretty self-explanatory I guess..

Baby in profile
















I think this skeleton one is cool
















Front view most people think is creepy (not me!) The black spot is his tummy.
















Little baby feets (this foot at least has all 5 toes!)
















His arm and leg

5 comments:

Barb said...

Cute little guy!! I love the profile pic - he looks so sweet. Can't wait to meet him!!

Elicia said...

wow! that's so amazing!! i'm totally more excited!! better work on that blanket! (yeah that pic was a little creepy, but it's kinda cool at the same time that we can see things in good detail like that! :) )

D'N'J said...

i know! isn't it so exciting? so cool that the little guy is only half a foot long but looks so developed! i had a hard time really bonding to him before, but seeing what's going on in there really helped.

Grandpa T. said...

I think he looks like Leone (Grandma T.). We are excited. We have a ton of Jeff's stuff in storage. I was worried it would never get used!

Troy said...

Very cool little gremlin! :)