Over to the vet on Tuesday. The vet said his weight and temp were fine. Had to squeeze a urine sample out of him, and decided that he would need to keep Vash a night or two and see if he had crystals forming in his bladder.
A catheter was inserted into Vash on Tuesday and he was monitored for the next day or so after that. Got IV'd with fluids, chowed down on fancy vet food, and probably was scared half to death. On Thursday the vet called and said they pulled the catheter out and if he was doing okay in 24 hours, he could come home.
This morning he was doing just fine so Jeff and I went to pick him up. The bill ended up being almost $150 less than we thought, so that's a plus. He has to eat fancy-pants cat food from now on to keep this from happening again. Keef's probably going to be put on some special stuff too, because I don't want this to happen to him, and because he's a FATTY! :) Vash gets to have a syringe of delicious mediciney goo every 12 hours for the next week. Fun for him!
He promptly peed on both Jeff and I when the tech handed him over. I'm sure he was just super stressed out. Poor guy, probably thought he was being abandoned for torture practice. Stressful few days. He's happy to be home, though, and Keef seemed relieved to see him again. Here's what he's been doing all day:
Have to keep an eye on him for the next several days to be sure he doesn't get plugged up again. Poor little guy. Glad he's feeling better, though!
4 comments:
i'm so excited to see him! i'm glad he is doing okay!
Thats great! Sorry for the extra expense, I know you guys don't need that right now.
Mom and I went through the same kind of thing with Hardy dog. He had parvo when he was about 4 years old. We had to fork over the big bucks to save his little life. Money well spent as he was with us for 13 more years after that.
SOO glad he's better!! And SOO glad it didn't cost you anymore than that!
maybe this would cheer him up...
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/b861/
Post a Comment