Little update - but not much to say.
I have applied to 12 places (most of the big box stores included) and tomorrow I'm dropping off my resume at Papa Murphy's (mmm, pizza). Jeff's resume is cuter than mine because it has a pizza slice on it.
I know some of the places I've applied aren't the best jobs but I can't really be choosy right now. So I'll take most anything!
Getting out of the house lately makes me feel much better, spending time with the family this weekend was very nice, not having to think about not having a job and it makes you feel less insecure, like if you have trouble the family is always there to help.
We were supposed to help paint Carrie's new house, but that never happened (what happened? :) ).
Mostly I just worry about paying the rent (this month is paid, hopefully we'll get something in time to help with next month) and the utilities and such. If it were summer I might not worry but it's getting cold and I'd like to have some heat, thank you.
If you guys see/hear about anything send it our way!
:)
5 comments:
i'm glad you are getting out of the house! get your mind off of it for a little while is always good and healthy. i'm sure something will turn up! just keep wrapped tight in those blankets and snuggle up to keef and vash, see if they will give you a little of their heat! :) love you!
Have you tried any of the call centers? Just to get by till something else comes along. Oh, or Icon Fitness, it's super close to your house & you get paid to workout!
Doesn't the book stores always need help around Christmas....waldenbooks, desert book...ect.
to be honest we're trying to stay away from the call centers as much as we can until we really need to apply to them . . . we really hate phone work, and it's actually the reason we were jobless before this. but we'll totally go back to them if we need to. we'd almost rather work fast food gigs than do call work.
paid to work out? i thought they were a call center too!
we're trying to apply to everything that might need extra help for christmas. anything is better than nothing, even if it's seasonal!
Icon Fitness makes treadmills and other exercise equipment. They have an area where the employees can work out on the latest equipment. Looked pretty cool when I was able to take a tour!
Post a Comment