Thursday

Beginning of my week

Some new things that may/may not be interesting to some:

Car - Our Taurus has started rattling. We're not sure what it is and it only happens now and then. We took it and the Saab to Accurate Automotive, who has been pretty good up until recently. They were too full on Wed., so they said to leave the Saab and they would give it a state inspection and fix the timing. Today they called 10 minutes after closing and said they didn't look at it and would do it in the morning. We have to drive to Idaho Falls in three days and wanted the Taurus looked at so we'd feel better knowing we would/n't get stuck on the way. But no dice, I guess. Last time the Saab was there, they had it a month. Hopefully they don't look at it and blow it up. We've decided to take the Taurus elsewhere when we get home.

Work - More overtime is in order. We have to work Wednesdays from 12 - 8 am now for a couple of weeks. This is actually really great news because we can use the extra money for our new car fund. We've started putting money away and are doing really well on it. The bonus we got from January's overtime has really saved our necks lately and working more overtime will make up for taking the last few days off as well as put us closer to a nicer car. Here's one that Jeff wants :



Seattle - Since we are flying stand-by we are at the mercy of the airline's schedule, which means we can't fly home as late as we wanted. Oh, this is a good time to update CAF - We'll be leaving really late on Monday (the 10th) and coming home really early on Friday (the 14th) so just Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday the cats will need food. I hope this is still okay! Yous and Us's need to get together for Chili's! I've been having a craving. Anyway, so it's practically a fly-in-fly-out thing and I guess I can't complain since it's supposed to be "free". Downside is that it is quite possible that we will drive the 3 hours up there and they won't have room, and then we drive 3 hours back. Could nearly be to Denver that way.

Toe - So much better now. I left the bandage off last night, cleaned the whole area up and just put a couple butterflies and a sock on it last night, and today it looks really great. I think it is coming together nicely. It is much easier to walk now but I am still taking it easy for the next day or so while I get ready for work this weekend.

Well, I guess that's it! If you read this far, thanks! :)

10 comments:

Troy said...

Busy busy!

Did you drive the little black SAAB? Was it glad to be driven again? ;)

Hope the whole trip thing works out!

You should have been Dr Dianna

D'N'J said...

i had jeff drive the saab to the car doctor because it's tags are expired and i didn't want to get pulled over :) but as soon as it is reregistered then i'd like to drive it more!

Elicia said...

wow! you should drive the saab! its such a sweet car! i'll take it! but of course dad will want it. so i'll just have to settle for ben's sweet car when he goes on his mission!

CAF said...

I need to get a key from you at some point soon. Call me!

Barb said...

Yeah for overtime and a new car fund! And I'm very glad to hear the poor toe is doing better. =)

Elicia said...

nice that jeff wants a hearst

MStevenson said...

Glad your toe is better.

Time to get rid of those cars and invest in some gas saving scooters...then in the winter, I dont know what you'ld do. :)

Troy said...

So . . . What's up?

Troy said...

So, I guess you don't get any on line access in WA?

[moe]Whaaaaaa?[/moe]

D'N'J said...

i didn't get that moe thing at first, but when i did it was pretty funny!

I'll try to update tomorrow, but i'm just too tired from the traveling tonight.