Thursday

Car Woes

Our little Ford was in an accident last month for those who didn't know, and the event has made us realize that it's about time we start thinking about a new car. Our Saab is going to be great - once Ben and Jeff buckle down and fix it up. But the Ford is getting old, creaky, making some funny noises, and I just think it's time for a new one.

We are saving up some money for it, but it is slowed by the fact that my teeth also need to be pulled and I need extra money to pay for my college classes. We are getting there, but slowly.

So I have been thinking about joining the USU Charter Credit Union once we have more saved and investing in another Saab. They are classy and reliable, and if anything does go wrong, I know a great guy who knows just what they need :)

How does that plan sound? I've never dealt with credit unions and I REALLY don't want to have to pick a new car out (how do I know if it's running well? Every noise in the Ford scares me!) but I guess it's just something I have to do.

4 comments:

Troy said...

Saving up for a car is a great idea. A credit union is the way to go. I joined mine when I was 18 and I'm still a member.

When you get ready to buy it's good to take someone who knows cars along on the shopping trip. :)

Barb said...

Credit Union is way better than a bank! Good interest rates. Sorry to hear you have car problems, thats the worst! I think we should all go back to riding horses...seriously...

D'N'J said...

horses! that's a good idea. I'd probably have to settle for riding Vash or Keef around though, they're less expensive!

Anonymous said...

How about a Honda!

mel